If you are facing robbery charges, the potential consequences you face are determined by a variety of aspects of the case. For example:
- Was someone injured who was not part of the robbery?
- Were the injuries severe?
- Did you have a firearm at the time?
- Was a firearm brandished or displayed?
- Was the property that was taken a motor vehicle?
A strong defense begins by closely examining the charges and the evidence. We will look for all evidence that will help refute the prosecution's version of what happened. Few cases are as cut and dried as the police and prosecutors think.
Our firm defends people against robbery and related charges, including:
- Robbery in the first degree — carries a maximum penalty of 25 years and a mandatory minimum of five years
- Robbery in the second degree — carries a maximum penalty of 15 years with a mandatory minimum of three and a half years
- Robbery in the third degree — carries a maximum penalty of seven years with no mandatory minimum
- Grand larceny — carries a maximum penalty of up to 25 years depending on the exact charge
We also defend juveniles against robbery charges.
Experienced Lawyers — Ready To Fight For You
At Zeman & Womble, LLP, we have decades of combined experience that we use to fight for our clients. Our experience includes time served in the District Attorney's Office and as public defenders. We know the inside of a courtroom and how to build cases that help our clients secure the best possible outcomes. We take a thorough approach to defending people against robbery charges. By examining all of the evidence we can find weaknesses in the prosecution's theory of the case and create winning advantages for our clients.
Robbery Attorneys Serving Brooklyn And The New York City Area
Turn to Zeman & Womble, LLP, for the experienced and effective help you need to fight robbery charges. We are available 24/7 365 days a year. To schedule a free initial consultation, call 718-514-9100 or contact us online.